Wednesday 7 September 2011

Pahia continued

OK so maybe the library option isn't all it's cracked up to be. I was still working on the previous post when everything went wonky and I thought I had lost my work. I was able to find it but couldn't edit it - just had to publish it and hope for the best.

So to continue with the story - pictures of the stone church:






Oops, looks like battery power is running down. I'm going to try to finish this porting. If not, I'll continued it when we get to Turangi - our next stop on this trip.

Late Saturday afternoon, we took the passenger ferry to Russell (the first capital of NZ.) Russell is across the bay from Paihia and the ferry ride is only 10 minutes but the trip would have taken at least an hour by car. Check out the trees in this town:

 Pohutukawa tree - also known in NZ as the Christmas tree
This is called the flame tree. Beautiful isn't it?


 This is a ficus! You know, the one we usually grow in the house. It must be on steroids!!!!
This explains the ficus tree.

















We went to the Duke of Marlborough Hotel/Restaurant, got a great bottle of wine and a couple of entrees and watched the sunset over Paihia. I've got to tell you - life doesn't get much better that this. Oops, the library service seems to be going funny again. Think I'll publish this post and open one more with the closing photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment